Post your introduction here

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Post your introduction here

Post by RNA0149 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:25 am

Hi,
I am in Brisbane Queensland Australia. My name is David. I come from a Trade, background, but have studied and completed Mechanical Engineering, Business (Accounting, Economics, Law, CPA) undergraduate degrees and a Masters Degree and worked in in Senior Management in one of Australia's top 20 companies but had to retire because of ill health. I originally purchased a set of plans for and 18 foot half cabin plywood boat when I was 16 but life, work and study got in the way. Now I have time to build, I have lost the instructions. The technology and design has improved and moved on and so I am searching for a good boat to go fishing with my sons on the Great Barrier Reef. The Gulfstream 25.5 looks like a good contender.

RNA0149

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RNA0149 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:38 am

In Australia, USA, Europe, South Africa, you have to provide or get a Builders Compliance plate ( In Australia, a ABP, Australia Builders Plate) and a capacities plate stating the maximum passengers, horsepower, flotation etc. My concern if I do decide to build the Gulfstream, how am I going to get on with the information for and getting an Australian Builders Plate?

RNA0149

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Shine on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:26 am

Hello,

We have a lot of information in the plans, probably all you need to do your calculations. Plans were produced by an EU naval engineer. Please let me know exactly what the capacity plate requires and I will see if I can help

joel
Admin - Shine
Admin

View user profile http://gulfstreamcomposites.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Owner Operator

Post by SR. Texas. on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:25 pm

I am a very hands on person not to much on the whole read a novel. 6th gen farming family in the great middle of TX. Ocasionally we have months with extra free time. With a minimum of 3 hrs every day that could be spent on projects. First being a canoe and learn the fiberglass world . Then eventually moving up to a coastguard regulation flats boat. I plan on a kevlar canoe shell and reinforced international layer beams.

SR. Texas.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Shine on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:40 pm

SR. Texas. wrote:I am a very hands on person not to much on the whole read a novel. 6th gen farming family in the great middle of TX. Ocasionally we have months with extra free time. With a minimum of 3 hrs every day that could be spent on projects. First being a canoe and learn the fiberglass world . Then eventually moving up to a coastguard regulation flats boat. I plan on a kevlar canoe shell and reinforced international layer beams.

sounds like a plan, welcome Smile
Admin - Shine
Admin

View user profile http://gulfstreamcomposites.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SR. Texas. on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Yes when the time comes I will be in need of a few technical tips. I have done a lot of reading and this might be the summer to start.

SR. Texas.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top