GulfstreamComposites.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION

+2
Admin - Shine
DAYTRIP
6 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Empty Re: BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION

Post by Admin - Shine Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 pm

I like the look of the first one better, but if you plan on getting a large radar, that gap would be better.
Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

https://gulfstreamcomposites.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Empty Re: BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION

Post by DAYTRIP Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:38 pm

Got the VC Performance sprayed today. Sprayed it with a harbor freight hvlp. Sprayed out nice. Used 2 gallons. Wound up having to spray the inner portion first with three coats then went on to spray the outside portions. This stuff worked really nice.

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~221

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~222

DAYTRIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Shine Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:47 am

DAYTRIP wrote:Got the VC Performance sprayed today. Sprayed it with a harbor freight hvlp. Sprayed out nice. Used 2 gallons. Wound up having to spray the inner portion first with three coats then went on to spray the outside portions. This stuff worked really nice.

It looks great. I bet your glad the bottom done cheers

Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DAYTRIP Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Shot of the overall bottom with the vc performance. I wet sanded a little and it definitely looks better. Does not get a luster but flattens out which makes it shine. That is the weekend project.  :help: .

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~223

I also put three more layers of 1708 on the bracket then put phenolic/epoxy putty on that and the transome. Still not exactly sure why I did that but felt better.   Idea Typical engineer!  I think Joel got me thinking. I am looking forward to rolling it back over and finishing up!

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~224

DAYTRIP

Back to top Go down

Post by DAYTRIP Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Got the boat flipped back over today. Thanks again to my buddy David!

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 IMG_0650

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 IMG_0653

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 IMG_0654

DAYTRIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Shine Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:21 pm

I need a buddy with a crane ! Very Happy
Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DAYTRIP Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:23 am

Benn a while since I updated! Been working on the exterior to get ready for paint. Finished fairing the bracket and got it primed. The entire hull is now primed and white! I had a spot on the port side bow that needed some post primer fill and fair. It was a large area that had spider cracking in the gel coat. I ground out all the cracking, added a ply of glass then filled it. Thinking I will get sanded out and paint the hull soon.

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~240

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~242

I also have had the fuel tanks fabricated and am getting ready to get them installed. Been prepping the area that the fuel tanks will sit in. This is the area that the engines were originally mounted. I had cut the top 3 inches off the stringers as they had several bolt holes in them and instead of filling them I just cut it all out just in case there was any rot, there was not. I added the little bulkhead between the stringers, just because Basketball.I fabricated a platform for the tanks to sit on which will sit on the stringers. I also coated the tanks with coal tar epoxy. Ready to get them installed and out of the garage.

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~239

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~241

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~244

DAYTRIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Shine Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:43 pm

Nice tanks! Your getting really close now. Bracket looks great.

I had a spot on the port side bow that needed some post primer fill and fair. It was a large area that had spider cracking in the gel coat. I ground out all the cracking, added a ply of glass then filled it. Thinking I will get sanded out and paint the hull soon.

Ouch, that's a hear breaker. Just when you think you have something finished !
Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DAYTRIP Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Set the fuel tanks in the boat. As you can see they stick up about 8 " above the deck. The seating pod will cover them up. Plan to mount the fills on the pod. The vents will go overboard which has presented a minor issue. The vents should have positive drainage back to the tank which I will not have due to the fact that I have to go under the deck then back up the side of the boat. That creates a trap for fuel and moisture to collect. So I am going to use fuel filter bowl with the filter removed. That will give me a bowl for the liquid to collect and the vapor to flow thru. I then can drain it off as I see liquid.

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~257

Before I set the tanks I put a layer of 10oz glass down for a little added protection. Then I set 1-1/2" squares of 1/4" thick neoprene ever 12" so that the tanks would be elevated and allow water and air to pass by. I then glassed them down.

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~258

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~259

DAYTRIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Shine Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 am

almost buttoned up Smile

So I am going to use fuel filter bowl with the filter removed. That will give me a bowl for the liquid to collect and the vapor to flow thru. I then can drain it off as I see liquid.

sounds interesting, have not seen that before.
Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DAYTRIP Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Holly cow it has been a while since I posted here! Getting closer to the end of the build and onto the fill fair paint stage inside.

Bait tank and covering boards built

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~270

Built the seating. Typically this would also serve as rocket launcher but I want the top to extend to back of seating so drink holders on top

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~271

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~273

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~274

Seating fit test in boat. Happy son!

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~283

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~284

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~285

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~286

Using the hatches that Joel sells here. Also liner for large rectangular hatch. Glassed 1.5" drain pipe on

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~296

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~297

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~298

Insulated the liners with 2" of foam

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~301

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~302

Put a insulated cooler in the seating

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~303

Glassed the hatches in place. Also glassed the rear cover panel and access hatches in place.

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~304

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~305

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~306

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~310

BERTRAM 28 CENTER CONSOLE CONVERSION - Page 5 Image~311

DAYTRIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Shine Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:20 am

wow, thanks for posting an update, its come a long way. I really like those access hatches, and the insulated hatch liners are very nice.

The finished liners take all the sanding fun....I guess you dont like fairing inside hatches ? Smile

Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5