GulfstreamComposites.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help With A Plywood Electronics Box

2 posters

Go down

Help With A Plywood Electronics Box Empty Help With A Plywood Electronics Box

Post by Sanders Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:00 pm

I am planing to build a box to house two speakers and A VHF radio for my T-Top. I have a 3/8" sheet of marine fir which I plan to cover with epoxy and fiberglass. The box will be 29" W x 6" T x 11 1/2" D. I need help with a shopping list. I need epoxy, fabric, fillet/faring material, and Quantum paint. I am sure there is more. Of course all materials will be ordered for this site. Thanks Joel

Sanders

Back to top Go down

Help With A Plywood Electronics Box Empty Re: Help With A Plywood Electronics Box

Post by Admin - Shine Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Welcome!

You can make the box using regular woven cloth, I would use a single layer of 10 oz. woven. Inside joints can be either cleats of wood, or epoxy fillets with glass. A glass/fillet joint is a lot nicer looking and can be finished nicer. Do to get the box built, you will need epoxy, glass, and filler (fillet/glue and fairing). After that comes primer and paint.

3 quarts of epoxy should do it
1 lb of wood flour for glue and fillet
bag of fairing blend
a couple yards of 10 oz 50" (not sure exactly how much you will use, depends on overlaps)

I would build the inside joints first, using temporary screws to hold the pieces together. Once inside joints are set up, remove screws, round over outside joints, then glass those.

Please post some pictures!!!! Im sure there are a lot of other people who would like to see this built.

Joel

call if you need help with an order

Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

https://gulfstreamcomposites.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down