GulfstreamComposites.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Much Paint

3 posters

Go down

How Much Paint Empty How Much Paint

Post by Sanders Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:15 pm

I am planning on painting my 1990 20 foot Hydra Sports center console white. I will use Kiwi Grip for the non skid. The boat has a dark blue emblem in the white gel coat on the hull. The over all condition of the boat is good. Its just old and I am tired of buffing. Will the white paint cover the dark blue emblem or will I need to prime. I plan to roll the whole boat. How much paint, and if needed primer do I need? Include activators and reducers. Thanks Joel

Sanders

Back to top Go down

How Much Paint Empty Re: How Much Paint

Post by Admin - Shine Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:34 pm

White will cover the blue, but it will take more coats. Layering different amounts of paint (numbers of coats) on one part can be a little tricky. Primer would certainly be my first choice.

How much paint depends on square footage. Will you be painting the entire boat, or just the outside (sides) and inside cap? Need to know this, then I can recommend amounts. A gallon of paint will certainly be plenty to do the whole thing. A gallon of paint needs a 1/2 gallon (2 quarts) of brush/roll catalyst and 1 quart of brush/roll reducer. Feel free to give me a call if you have more questions.
Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

https://gulfstreamcomposites.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cracker Larry Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:21 pm

I would sand it, clean it good, prime it, and then paint. One gallon of primer, one of paint plus additives, one gallon of Kiwi Grip, and you'll have some of it all leftover. I would rather have left overs than run short before finished.

Cracker Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanders Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:35 pm

Thank for the responses. Now my UNC grad wife wants the hull to be Carolina Blue. I fighting for white with a Carolina blue deck. Oh well! Working on a order now hopefully I can knock this out by spring. Thanks, Joel

Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Shine Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:03 am

Sanders wrote:Thank for the responses. Now my UNC grad wife wants the hull to be Carolina Blue. I fighting for white with a Carolina blue deck. Oh well! Working on a order now hopefully I can knock this out by spring.  Thanks, Joel

Welcome can do either color Smile
Admin - Shine
Admin - Shine
Admin

https://gulfstreamcomposites.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down